A 6-hour highlights tour to cover the northern part of Kyoto.
Ginkaku-jii (also known as Silver Pavillion)
A classic example of Zen temple, Ginkaku-ji is officially named Jisho-ji and was built in 1490 by the Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimasa as a mountain villa. The building is the original from the old days and is designated as world heritage and national treasure. Its living room is considered to be the origin of a tea ceremony room.
Admission: ¥500/adult, ¥300/15 and under
Built in 1603 as the headquarter of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first Shogun of Edo era, while he was staying in Kyoto. The massive "Karamon" shows the dignity of the Shogun at the time. The main building Ninomaru-Palace lays out over 3300 square meters, housing 33 rooms with 800 tatami mats of space. Visitors can enter the building and explore the inside of the building.
Admission: ¥1300/adult, ¥400/junior highschool and highschool students, ¥300/primary school
Nishijin Textile Centre
Nishijin is considered as the center of Kimono culture in kyoto with over 1000 years of history. Nishijin Textile Center exhibits the traditional Nishijin textile and kimonos, offering free Kimono show 7 times a day. Hand weaving demonstration is available several times a day. Variety of silk products are sold.
Operated on: Mon. through Sunday
Suggested Start Time: Between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Tour Duration: 6 hours
Tour Starts at: Your hotel or other form of accommodation in Kyoto*
Tour Ends at: Your hotel in Kyoto, or the last destination if you prefer
*Please contact us for remote start-off options
- Local train and local bus*
*Guide may suggest the use of taxi considering tour schedule and number of guests in the party.
Tour fare per group (up to 6 guests): ¥31,000 (+ 10% consumption tax)
- An English-speaking guide service provided during sightseeing and transfers
- Guide's transportation (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Guide's admission (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Admission: shown at each tour highlight destination above
- Transportation: approx. ¥1,500 yen/person depending on where the tour starts
- Every tour is arranged per each request regardless of the number of guest in a group up to 6 and there won't be any mixed group.
- This is a walking tour. Although subways and busses are used most of the time, you'll be walking a few miles/kilometres during the tour. Please dress casually and wear shoes comfortable for walking.