An 8-hour highlights tour of Hiroshima including a trip to Miyajim Isle.
Peace Memorial Park (Heiwa Kinen Koen)
The A-Bomb Dome
The remaining structure when the atomic bomb exploded on 6 August, 1945 right above it. Now, it's the symbol of Peace city, Hiroshima to represent the hope for the world peace and the elimination of nuclear armaments. The building used to be Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Promotion Hall.
Designated as UNESCO's world heritage site
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
Located in the Peace Memorial Park, it exhibits photos, videos, panels and documents to offer visitors the opportunities to learn the history of Hiroshima and the devastating outcome of the bomb dropping.
The building was designed by Kenzo TANGE, a Pritzker Architecture Prize winner and one of the most famous Japanese architects
Admission: ¥200/adult, 100/Students(18-16)
The entire island of Miyajima has been regarded as a sacred island of Shintoism since the ancient time.
Itsukushima Shrine is the central place of the holy island. Founded in late 6th century, and expanded gradually to the current shrine in 12th century by Taira-no-Kiyomori, the top samurai ruling Japan at the time.
Since then, the shrine had been worshiped by a number of samurai leaders.
Traditionally regarded as one of the most “Three Most Beautiful Sights” in Japan.
Designated as UNESCO world heritage site.
Admission: ¥300/adult, ¥200/students(16-18), ¥100/students(7-15)
Torii Gate over the Ocean
The icon of Miyajima Island. It stands 16.6 meters with unique structure of floating in the sea, not anchord or attached to sea bed. During low-tide, the foundation becomes visible and visitors can walk up to the gate.
Omote-sando shopping street
Approach way to Itsukushima Shrine. The street is filled with souvenir shops and restaurants. Momiji-manju, local maple-leef shaped sweet, and fresh oysters flame grilled are available attracting many visitors.
Operated on: Mon. through Sunday
Suggested Start Time: Between 8:00 a.m. and 09:00 a.m.
Tour Duration: 8 hours
Tour Starts at: Your hotel or other form of accommodation in Hiroshima.
Tour Ends at: Your hotel in Hiroshima or the last destination if you prefer
- Local train and local bus*
*Guide may suggest the use of taxi considering tour schedule and number of guests in the party.
Tour fare per group (up to 6 guests): ¥36,000 (+ 10% consumption tax)
- An English-speaking guide service provided during sightseeing and transfers
- Guide's transportation (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Guide's admission (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Admission: shown at each tour highlight destination above
- Transportation: approx. ¥1500 yen/person depending on where the tour starts
- Every tour is arranged per each request regardless of the number of guest in a group up to 6 and there won't be any mixed group.
- This is a walking tour. Although LRT and trains are used most of the time, you'll be walking a few miles/kilometres during the tour. Please dress casually and wear shoes comfortable for walking.