If you'd like to fully enjoy the east part of Tokyo, this private tour is the one you are looking for.
The tour starts with a visit to Imperial Palace Plaza, also known as the ruin of Edo samurai castle where you can feel the city with a history of over 400 years. After visiting Palace Plaza, the tour will cover Ginza, the most prestigious shopping and dining district with department stores, high fashion boutiques, and many art galleries. A visit to Ueno, large park with historical buildings and a casual shopping street, will make a perfect contrast to modern upscale Ginza area.
Also included is Asakusa, the most popular touristic spot of classic Tokyo with Sensoji-temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo.
Let's fully enjoy the city like a local, with a nationally-licensed English speaking guide!*
*Visiting order may vary depending on the tour date's condition.
Imperial Palace Plaza
Also known as Edo castle ruins, the current Emperor resides here.
The most prestigious shopping district in Tokyo with many flaghship stores of upscale brands. Many prominent department stores such as Mitsukoshi, Matsuya, and Hankyu are located here in Ginza. The basement food hall of those departement stores called "Depa-chika"sells wide variety of foods in a jewerly-box like packaging showing Japanese addiction to foods.
- Ueno Park...Home to numbers of first-class museums and Ueno zoo
- Toshogu Shrine...A shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Edo Shogunate
- Kiyomizu Kannondo...A temple built in the stage architectural style
- Statue of Saigo Takamori...A general in Boshin Civil War, also the model of "Last Samurai")
- Ameyayokotyo st....A colorful area of narrow shopping lane
The oldest temple in Tokyo founded in early 7th century by Hinokuma brothers according to its legend. As the most popular tourist destination for not only foerign visitors, but also Japanese, it attracts more than 30 million visitors annually.
- Senso-ji Temple...The oldest temple in Tokyo founded in early 7th century.
- Kaminari-mon Gate...The gate to the temple with a huge lantern
- Nakamise shopping arcade...250m long shopping arcade with around 90 shop.
Operated on: Everyday
Suggested Start Time: 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Tour Duration: 6 hours
Tour Starts at: Your hotel or other form of accomodation in Tokyo*
Tour Ends at: Your hotel in Tokyo, or the last destination if you prefer
*Please contact us for remote start-off options
Subway and local train
Tour fare per group (up to 6 guests): ¥27,000 (+ 10% consumption tax)
- An English-speaking guide service provided during sightseeing and transfers
- Guide's transportation (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Guide's admission (unless itinerary changed per customer's request)
- Admission: none
- Transportation: approx. ¥1,000 yen depending on where the tour starts
- This is a walking tour. Although subways and trains are used most of the time, you'll be walking a few miles/kilometres during the tour. Please dress casually and wear shoes comfortable for walking.
- Every tour is arranged per each request regardless of the number of guest in a group up to 6 and there won't be any mixed group.