Guide Profile - Yuriko KIMURA
Yuriko KIMURAEnglish Interpreter-Guide
Guiding Area: Tokyo and Greater Tokyo
Born in Ohio in the US and raised in Mt. Fuji area in Japan. Majored in English and American studies at a university in Tokyo. After working at a bank, lived in the US for 2 years. Worked as a translator and interpreter. Acquired the national license of English interpreter-guide in 2009 and has started to work as the guide since then.
Specialties and Hobbies
- Tea Ceremony (1st degree instructor)-has started to learn tea ceremony at the university
- Wearing Kimono (Master of Japanese kimono dressing)
- Sumo wrestling (not performing, watching and taking guests to the place)
- Cooking (especially Japanese dishes and making sushi)
- Arts and crafts (cartonnage and egg art)
It is true that you can visit many places on your own but with a certified guide, you will learn more. I hope I can help you understand more about Tokyo, Japan or Japanese culture both modern and traditional aspects. Looking forward to hearing from you!