Welcome to TokyoWalkingTours!
Guide Profile - Junko UEMURA
Junko UEMURAEnglish Interpreter-Guide
Guiding Area: Tokyo
Born and raised in Tokyo. Moved to Yokohama 25 years ago. Worked for a trading company for several years after completing college in Tokyo. Worked as an English tutor for over 20 years. Found new interest studying Japanese culture and turned my passion into my profession.
Specialties and Hobbies
- Keen traveler
- Enjoy traditional Japanese baths (Onsen)
- Keen reader in Japanese and English
- Enthusiastic about Ghibli films
- Enjoy strolling, often with my dog!, or exploring the suburbs of Tokyo
- Enjoy Japanese calligraphy
Having been raised in Tokyo, I fondly remember small alleys, shops, a shrine and a public bath house in my neighborhood. I enjoy helping people to better appreciate the sights and to get comfortable using the public transport system. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and love for this wonderfully historic and dynamic city!