Guide Profile - Mie TAKEI
Mie TAKEIEnglish Interpreter-Guide
Guiding Area: Kobe, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka
Born and brought up in a small town near Himeji Castle, World Cultural Heritage site, and now live in Kobe, a wonderful city with the ocean and mountains. Stayed in several states in the U.S. and traveled a lot in and out of the states. Acquired the national license of English interpreter-guide in 2009, and usually guide in Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Kobe in Kansai Region (western part of Japan)
Specialties and Hobbies
- Like visiting temples and shrines, and make a pilgrimage to the 33 temples sacred to Kannon in western Japan.
- Love dogs, and enjoy being with a miniature dachshund at home.
- Like strolling in backstreets and finding cozy shops.
- Love traveling especially to the places blessed with nature, and hiking, skiing or snorkeling there.
- Love eating and finding good restaurants of any kind. (My city, Kobe is renowned for Beef and Sake!)
Since I started working as a guide, I have realized that I really love this job. All the time spent with my guests is treasure in my life. Japan is blessed with places, culture and people worth encountering. I gladly help make your stay in Japan memorable.