Guide Profile - Chika KUROSAKI
Chika KUROSAKIEnglish Interpreter-Guide
Guiding Area: Tokyo, Greater Tokyo
Born and raised in Kochi, Shikoku, came to Tokyo for bachelor studies in International Christian University. Since then I have studied, worked, and raised two daughters in Tokyo and Hong Kong. Lived in Wisconsin, USA for a year as an AFS exchange student. As I lived in Hong Kong for quite a while, I am also fluent in Mandarin Chinese and survival Cantonese. Registered as a national guide in English in 2011.
Specialties and Hobbies
- Teacher in Japanese calligraphy
- Passionate about Japanese traditional cultures; Kimono, Tea Ceremony, Kabuki play and festivals
- Love finding new things in cities; new ice cream shops, new buildings, new restaurants, etc.
- Foodie: enthusiastic about searching and discovering new and wide variety of eateries from food stalls to high-end restaurants.
- Good understanding of Asian cultures; lived in Hong Kong, visited and enjoyed many countries in Asia.
High-tech and traditions, best western cuisine and locally loved street food, hustle and tranquility—Tokyo is a city of contrasts. It would be my greatest pleasure to support you in finding YOUR TOKYO. Let’s explore together main streets and back streets to find real Tokyo in the way only locals know.